5주

by - 00:09

Fireworks at Lotte World Tower. Photo from The Sun.

I don't really have much to talk about for this post, but I do have some pictures that I want get posted before I go to see the cherry blossoms this weekend. 

I took a last-minute trip to Seoul for the day on Sunday because I found out Friday night that April is the last month to see a surround viewing of SHINee's most recent concert at SMTown Artium, and clearly I had to be there. It was almost like actually being at the concert. Almost.

Luckily, this little day trip to Gangnam meant that I would be in the area for the fireworks show celebrating the grand opening of the newly built Lotte World Tower, which is now the tallest building in Korea and the 5th tallest in the world. I believe it also has the highest glass observation deck in the world - I'll be going back for that.

Gangnam has some cool buildings


Since I was in the area, I went down to Samsung subway station to find Jonghyun's birthday banner. His birthday is on the 8th, so fans pay to put up banners for the month in celebration. There's giant posters of celebrities pretty much all over the station.



I had a SHINee cupcake while waiting for the concert showing. Of course.


I... don't actually know what this building is (aside from part of COEX), but the second building is the Seoul World Trade Tower.

Lotte World Tower.


When I got to Jamsil, I met up with Citlalli! She's one of my friends from Chicago and she's here studying abroad for the semester. So lucky that we're both here at the same time.



When I went to see these fireworks, I was not expecting them to be coming out of the building. It was pretty crazy.

Not as crazy as trying to get a bus home, though. I think I got to sleep a little after 3am, which made for a rough Monday morning.



You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. LOVE AND MISS YOU. However, these posts and SKYPE make it easier for me to cope. I can tell you're an English major, your writing and stories are great. Maybe you should consider writing a book someday. See you soon. LOVE MOM.

    ReplyDelete