4주

by - 18:29


Hello~ Happy weekend

The weather is getting nicer here in Korea - it's supposed to be in the 60s all week - so I've been getting out more and walking around town. There's a hill (mountain?) a few blocks from my house which has a bunch of walking trails, so I just got back from there. It's actually Yongin Central Park. It was pretty, and the view was great, but I'll definitely be going back when there are leaves on the trees to see it then.



용인 현충탑 (Yongin Hyunchungtap / Hope Tower?)

The only information I could find about this basically translated to : "It is a tower to honor the spirit of the kingdom who devoted his life for the country." I think it has to do with people who fought against Japanese occupation? I don't know, all of the information about it is in Korean and my Korean is way too rough for this.



There were a lot of steps. Like, SO MANY steps. And then? I got to the top of this mountain and there is workout equipment. Maybe I'm just lazy but those steps /were/ the workout. That's apparently a big thing here though, there's workout equipment in all of the parks and wherever there are walking trails.


노고봉 (Nogobong Summit)




I did an internet search and found no information about what this actually is, but it sure is pretty.

Some other sights around my town :



I continue to be amazed by the number of hi-rise apartment buildings here. They're being built everywhere and they're enormous.




This is actually right outside my apartment. The brick building in the background is my building and the block is lined by this mural.




I liked emart enough even without Gong Yoo advertisements, but I'll take it. I walked around emart for 2 hours and, although I did not find an acceptable toaster oven, I DID purchase these gems :


Kakao Friends glasses with Apeach and Neo, and shot glasses with encouraging phrases on them. The one on the left basically says, "Yes! [You're] the best!" and the one on the right says, "It's okay~ It's okay~". I can guarantee that if I actually drink out of the daebakiyah / you're the best glass, I won't be able to /not/ do the song and dance.




These guys turned 7 years old on the 23rd! They celebrated by eating treats and... synchronized napping.

I got my ARC and a Korean phone number, so now I'm able to go out and venture without getting (too) lost.  Cherry blossom festivals will be starting the first week of April, so I'll be going up to Seoul to see that. I also want to go to Everland for the tulip festival, and there will be lantern festivals happening all over for Buddha's birthday at the end of April. I'm excited for spring!

Also, now that I've obtained a Korean phone number, I am able to order food and have it delivered to my apartment. I celebrated by ordering Pizza Hut and I'm happy to report that it was delicious - no sketchy pepperoni like the last pizza I had.




You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks, Nikki, for sharing. I am loving it and so happy to hear how well you are doing. Great pictures. My favorite, though, is the workout equipment at the top! Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to be able to read about all your new and exciting places you are exploring be safe ❤️

    ReplyDelete