115주

by - 14:51

Hey~ Back with another photo post from the first few months of 2019.
As the weather got nicer, I went to Seoul to hike a small section of the Seoul fortress wall, which wraps around the city. It was originally built in 1396 but has undergone a lot of restoration since then.
On Saturday, March 9th, I saw the musical Shinheung Military Academy for the second time. It's a military musical, so celebrities who are currently doing their mandatory military service are the leads in the musical. I saw it last year because it was basically a dream team of lead actors - Ji Changwook, Kang Haneul, and Kim Sunggyu. I had to go back and see it again this year because Lee Jinki, a member of SHINee, took up a leading role since he's enlisted. I had an 8th row seat, and the musical was great.
I went to Taemin's second solo concert on Saturday, March 16. He is, undoubtedly, one of the best performers of our time. Unreal. So good.
On Thursday, March 21st we had a school outing to welcome the new teachers who started at our school at the beginning of the new school year.
I saw both of Minho's fanmeetings on Saturday, March 30th. These were his last public appearances before he enlisted in the Marines the next week.
I spent the weekend of April 6-7 traveling all over Seoul to go to as many of the birthday events as I could for Jonghyun's birthday on the 8th. Fans held cup holder events - cafes all over Seoul were decorated for his birthday, drinks came with fan-made cup holders, some cafes had specialty drinks and desserts, and there were other fan-made freebies given out. There were also a few fan-hosted photo galleries and sponsored subway station billboards.
I had off work on Friday, May 3rd, so I traveled around Seoul to go to a few of the cafe events for Exo's Baekhyun's birthday and to see a few historical sites that I hadn't been to yet, including the Joseon royal tombs at Seonjeongneung.
Saturday, May 4th, I spent the day in Seoul again, met up with a friend for dinner, then we watched the fireworks show at Lotte World Tower. They did a similar firework show for the grand opening of the tower back in 2017, which I also saw.
Here's some other random pictures I have from the past few months, including really good food and pictures from an afternoon I spent on Gyeongnidan-gil, which has amazing views of Namsan Tower and lots of foreign-style bars (which means cocktails!).

You May Also Like

0 comments